Saturday, November 1, 2008

My third destination (Mount Everest)



Hey!

Yesterday I arrived at the Himalaya's at Mt. Everest. So far I have been climbing different parts of the mountain with my tour guide and learning heaps of new information.

Today me and my tour guide went skiing, It was heaps of fun!


Right now I'm staying in a tent 5,400m on Mt. Everest. It's quite cold.

The height of this mountain is 8.848. The reason this mountain was named Mt. Everest was because of Sir George Everest. It was first recorded that he was the first person to discover Mt. Everest in 1830.

At the top of this mountain it's known to be very windy with the strength of a hurricane at 118 miles per hour. A couple of people have climbed Mt. Everest such as:

On May the 8Th 1996, Peter Habeler of Austria and Reinhold Messner climbed the mountain without an oxygen bottle.

Appa Sherpa climbed Mt. Everest as well. He reached the top 11 times.

Ang Rita Sherpa has reached the summit 10 times without any oxygen.

Reinhold Messner climbed Mt. Everest for three days all by himself.


Temba Tsheri at the age of 16 was the youngest person to climb Mt. Everest.


Tomorrow i will be leaving Mt. Everest and heading to my next destination which I'm sure will be just as great as this trip!

Bye!









No comments: