Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My fourth destination! (Savannah grassland)


Hey.




Right now I'm at the Savannah Grassland which is found in the South of Africa. It's been great! The temperature here is nice and it's around 20-26 degrees. The land here is large with many trees.


The Savannah Grassland can be a tropical or a sub-tropical woodland ecosystem containing trees being either small or widely spaced so that the canopy does not close. It is often recognised that the Savannah Grassland has large amounts of land that is widely spread with many trees. However, the Savannah Grassland has tree densities that are higher and more regularly spaced than in most forest communities.



The term Savannah is known to originally come from an Arawak word meaning "land which contains trees but with a large amount of grass either tall or short.




Large amounts of trees from the Savannah have been gone, and this is still being continued today. Recently 480,000 ha of Savanna has been cleared. The most common plants that Savannah contains are the flat-leaved grassed which can reach a height of 1.5 metres.




Tomorrow I will be leaving for my next destination. This destination was great and I'm glad I got to learn the information I did. Hopefully i will be visiting this place sometime soon.







Bye.

No comments: