Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My eighth destination! (Antartica)



Hey.


This morning I arrived at the Antartica. It's very cold! So far I have seen the cutest penguins! This afternoon I went on a cruise which was really nice to see this magnificent place.


The Antartica is the earth's southernmost continent, overlying the South Pole. It is situated in the Southern Hemisphere, almost south of the Antarctic circle, which is surrounded by the Southern Ocean. With the distance of 14.4 kilometres square, Antartica is the fifth largest in the area of Asia, Africa, North America and South America. Approximately 98% of Antartica is covered by ice with the distance of atleast 1.6 kilometres in thickness.


It is known that the Antartica is the coldest, driest and and windiest continent. Since there is a small amount of precipitation, the interior of the continent is the largest desert in the world.


The word Antartica is a version of the greek word Antarktiki meaning opposite to the North.


Tomorrow is my second last destination. These past few weeks have been a lot of fun! I have made new friends and learned so much information.

Bye:)


No comments: